With Summit County's preventative Declaration of Local Emergency in response to the evolving COVID-19 global pandemic (and a few local cases diagnosed at home), here are the current local/state recommendations:
• No mass gatherings over one hundred (100) people should be held.
• Those individuals who are age sixty (60) or older, or who are immunocompromised, should not attend mass gatherings of over twenty (20) people.
• Access to long-term care facilities should be limited to close family relatives and facility staff.
• Where appropriate, employers should encourage their employees to work remotely from home.
• Where employees are sick, employers should encourage them to stay at home.
• Extra-curricular public and private school activities should be cancelled.
• Public and private schools should prepare for the possibility of closure. (Of note: Park City School District announced two weeks of school closures and remote learning plans, starting the week of March 16).
On the private business front: the county has ordered closure of resorts (Deer Valley, Park City Mountain, Woodward Park City and Utah Olympic Park closed March 15), restaurants, taverns, bars, entertainment venues, fitness and exercise facilities, spas, churches, and other businesses at which people tend to gather. Many restaurants are offering take-out options (prepaid by credit card only). The closures are in effect until April 16.
To sign up for community alerts, click here.