The tremendously popular Deer Valley Music Festival returns to Park City for its 14th season starting July 1 when the Utah Symphony treats audiences to an early 4th of July with its signature Patriotic Celebration. During the five weeks of the festival, listeners can revel in 16 concerts featuring music ranging from classical masterpieces like Vivaldi's The Four Seasons to beloved film scores, and hits from Prince, The Beach Boys, and The Beatles. So forget the whatever dusty stereotypes of you may have about classical music being only for the old and stodgy; this summer, the Utah Symphony is presenting something for people of all ages and musical interests. “We’re excited to expand our usual offering of live concerts to include the family favorite Harry Potter film with live score played by the Utah Symphony as an entry point for new generations of symphony goers to experience the joy of live orchestral music,” says Utah Opera President and CEO Paul Meecham of the upcoming program. In addition to the Harry Potter films, the entire family can get swept away with Disney classics from The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, and Aladdin with the Disney in Concert event on July 29. (Don't worry, however, if you're a classical purist. The chamber orchestra will also be performing Beethoven, Bach, Vivaldi, and more at St. Mary's Church during the festival as well.)
The Utah Symphony is also running a few social media contests during the summer, giving you the chance to win concert tickets and Deer Valley packages, which include a Gourmet Picnic Basket (full of goodies like smoked salmon, chilled filet of beef or signature wraps, as well as fresh fruit, marinated antipasto, artisan cheese) and chairlift rides. The DVMF Adventure contest launches June 29, with challenges posted via Instagram every Thursday until August 3. If cocktails are more your thing, check out the "Summer Symphony Sips," where you can tag yourself tasting a specially crafted drink from Salt Lake City's and Park City’s best restaurants to win concert tickets starting August 1.
Check out the full line-up below and grab your tickets before it's too late! Don't forget, you can also connect with the Utah Symphony at some of Utah's most beautiful natural landscapes during the Great American Road Trip.
Deer Valley Music Festival Line-up
Main Stage @ Deer Valley Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater
- July 1 - Patriotic Celebration featuring Lisa Vroman and the Utah Symphony
- July 7 - Ella at 100: Patti Austin sings Ella Fitzgerald with the Utah Symphony
- July 8 - The Beach Boys live with the Utah Symphony
- July 14 - Gershwin’s Greatest Hits featuring “Rhapsody in Blue” with the Utah Symphony
- July 15 - Leslie Odom Jr. with the Utah Symphony
- July 20 - The Music of Prince with the Utah Symphony
- July 21 - Diana Krall
- July 22 - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone in Concert with the Utah Symphony
- July 28 - Disney in Concert: A Dream is a Wish with the Utah Symphony
- July 29 - Ben Folds with the Utah Symphony
- Aug. 4 - 1812 Overture!
- Aug. 5 - Classical Mystery Tour with the Utah Symphony
Chamber Orchestra Series @ St. Mary's Church
- July 5 - Vivaldi's The Four Seasons
- July 12 - A Night at Bach's Coffeehouse
- July 19 - Hotoda conducts Beethoven, Haydn, & more
- July 26 - Calcara plays Copland
All Deer Valley® Music Festival (DVMF) tickets can be purchased at the Abravanel Hall Ticket Office (123 West South Temple, Salt Lake City) or by calling 801.533.NOTE (801.533.6683). For a complete list of official ticket outlets and options, visit the DVMF Ticket Info page.